The following definitions apply to these Terms and Conditions:
· “Cardholder” means the primary cardholder of eligible Scotiabank credit cards.
· “Promotional Period” refers to the period from March 13th to April 30th, 2023.
· “Promotion” refers to this promotion and not any of the Bank’s other promotion or programs.
· “Eligible” refers to qualification to participate in this promotion.
· "Purchases" means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions.
· “Eligible Purchases/transactions” means any retail, internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase or Point of Sale transactions not including returns/credits, any fees and/or bank charges.
· “Eligible credit cards” refer to selected Scotiabank credit cards.
· “Good standing” means the account should not be overlimit or past due any amount.
· “Reward” refers to the prize fully described below that a customer may receive if they are selected as a winner in the Promotion.
· "Scotiabank" or “Bank”means Scotiabank (Barbados) Limited.
This Promotion is opened to legal residents of Barbados who are 18 years of age or older. These terms and conditions shall also be governed by the applicable laws of the named countries.
How to Participate/Draw Prize:
During the Promotional Period Cardholders from the different countries will receive one entry for every Eligible Purchase with a minimum spend, every SelectPay Plan created, or by opening a new Scotiabank credit card, as outlined below. There is no limit on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive during the Promotional Period.
Minimum Spend requirement
Create a SelectPay™ installment plan with a minimum repayment term of 6 months, and a minimum Principal Balance of US$700 or local currency equivalent for one entry to win the Reward
Open and activate a new Scotiabank credit card and complete an Eligible transaction of any value during the Promotional Period and earn one entry to win the Reward. An additional entry will be earned for each subsequent Eligible transaction that meets the minimum spend requirement
For example, if a Cardholder in Barbados does 3 transactions. One for BBD $100.00, another for BBD $300.00 and another for BBD $1,000.00 this customer will receive 2 entries in the Promotion - one for the spend of BBD $300.00 and the other of BBD $1,000.00.
If a cardholder in Barbados converts a purchase of US$700 or local currency equivalent to a SelectPay™ plan with a 6-month repayment term, the customer will receive 1 entry in the Promotion.
If a customer in Barbados opens a new Scotiabank credit card account, activates the card, and completes a transaction of any value, the customer will receive one entry to win the reward. As a new Cardholder, the customer will receive additional entries for all Eligible purchases that meet the minimum spend for as specified in TABLE above.
· Each entry will qualify the Cardholder to be entered to win an all-expense paid trip to the United States of America to watch two (2) games in the 2023 Basketball Finals in June 2023 for the Cardholder and one (1) person of the Cardholder’s choice, with an additional prize of a cash back valued at the local currency equivalent of USD$500.00 credited to the Cardholder’s Eligible credit card.
· The Reward is valid for redemption by the Cardholder, for themselves and a second person of their choice, to travel to the United States of America for five (5) days, four (4) nights, including tickets to watch two (2) games in the 2023 Basketball Finals in June 2023 and includes:
• Two (2) round-trip economic class airline tickets from the customer’s legal country of residence to the destination city in the United States of America in June 2023, and inter-state flight if applicable.
• Hotel accommodation for winner plus guest for five days and four nights, including breakfast
• Ground transfers between the airport and the hotel and the hotel and the basketball stadiums, noting that the 2 games will be played at different stadiums in the United States of America.
· Number of winners per country is also noted in table below.
Number of Winners
· This Promotion is open to legal residents of Barbados, aged 18 years of age or older, who hold an eligible Scotiabank credit card with the exception of employees of the Bank, its respective parent companies (The Bank of Nova Scotia and Bank of Nova Scotia Group) and subsidiaries; their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and/or those living in the same household of any of these employees. Employees of the Bank’s advertising and promotional agencies, as well as their immediate family members, relatives and/or those living in the same households are also not eligible to participate in the Promotion.
· Eligibility is restricted to selected Cardholders whose account is still active at the time of the draw, is in good standing and has not been frozen or closed.
· All Eligible Transactions will be considered toward the earning of entries; there are no limits on the number of entries a Cardholder may receive. All transactions in local and foreign currency are eligible.
· Transactions from unauthorized card use or those made with lost, stolen, or fraudulent Scotiabank credit cards will be considered void in the matter of this Promotion.
· The draw for the prizes will be done on Friday May 12th 2023, by the Scotiabank Regional Product Marketing Units for the participating countries.
· The allotted number of winners will be randomly selected from an electronic customer database with qualifying entries using a randomizer. Four (4) entries per country will be drawn as back up winners.
Draw - Consumer Disclosure / Notification of winners
· Attempts to notify the winners will be made by telephone, 3 times within three (3) business days from the date of the draw. Should the Bank be unable to speak to the winner by telephone within the aforementioned period another winner will be drawn from the back up winners in their stead. After being notified by telephone, an email will be sent to the winner. The winner will then be required to provide proof of their age and sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Prize Acceptance and Release within three (3) days of the email notification to be confirmed as a winner. The winner will also be required to provide proof of ownership of the Scotiabank credit card that was used to win the prize. A valid form of National identification must also be presented to collect prize. For example, National ID card, Passport, or Driver’s License.
· If the winner declines to fulfill these conditions to collect the prize, their eligibility will be voided, and another winner will be drawn from back up winners in the order they were selected. All unaccepted prizes will be retained by the Bank.
· Contact will be attempted using the Cardholder’s phone number as found in The Bank’s records. If the winner cannot be contacted by telephone within three (3) business days of the draw date the Bank has the right to offer prize to back up winner.
· The winner’s name may be published in the media. The winner must agree to the use of his or her name, image in videos and photographs without compensation in any forthcoming publicity by Scotiabank or the prize may be forfeited.
· The winner will be responsible for any taxes, Visa requirements, tips, insurance and expenses not explicitly stated as part of their prize, and must agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Bank from and against any or all claims, losses, injuries or damages resulting from participation in the Promotion.
· The use of your Eligible credit card to make purchases constitutes your consent to participate in this Promotion and your consent for The Bank to obtain your name, address and other information for the lawful purpose of administering this Promotion and for other uses as permitted by applicable law. Scotiabank reserves the right, with consultation and approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (as applicable) to void any and all entries of an entrant who Scotiabank believes has attempted to tamper with or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of this contest.
· This Promotion is a limited-time promotion which will run from March 13th, 2023, to April 30th, 2023, inclusive.
· A Cardholder’s reward earned through participation in this Promotion will be forfeited in the event that the Cardholder ceases to be a Cardholder at any time during the Promotion.
· Prizes are not transferable and are subject to change, with approval from the relevant Gaming Commissions (Betting, Gaming and Lotteries Commission in Jamaica, National Lotteries Control Board in Trinidad and Tobago, Gaming Authority of Guyana, and the Gaming Board for The Bahamas in The Bahamas) as applicable.
· Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
· The Bank will not be responsible for changes to the prizes which result from circumstances outside of their control.
· Scotiabank will issue no representation or warranty in respect of the prize.
In all matters relating to this Promotion, the decision of the Bank shall be final and binding in all respects, subject to the approval from the relevant gaming authorities.
Subject to the approval from the relevant gaming authorities:
· Scotiabank has the right to exclude any individual from this offer in its absolute discretion without any obligation to provide notice or reason.
· Scotiabank reserves the right in its absolute discretion to vary the terms and conditions of this Promotion or change or withdraw this Promotion at any time without giving any reason. In the event of a dispute arising from this Promotion, the Bank’s decision is final.
These terms and conditions apply only to this Promotion and do not apply to any of the Bank’s other promotions or programs or any other promotion or program in conjunction with the Bank and any other entity or brand.
To unsubscribe from receiving communications about and to opt out of this Promotion call our Contact Centre to opt out.
· For further details on Credit cards please visit the following website: