Do I need to have an AAdvantage® Miles Rewards card to obtain a Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard?
- No. An AAdvantage account number will be assigned within a few weeks of opening the credit card account
- If you are already an AAdvantage member, simply fill in your account number on the credit card application form
Is there a cap on the number of AAdvantage miles I can earn?
- You will earn a maximum of 200,000 AAdvantage miles for purchases made on your AAdvantage MasterCard credit card in a calendar year.
- No. Miles are not awarded for cash advances, service charges, fees, interest charges or Convenience Cheques
- By using your Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard card for all purchases
- By flying with American Airlines or any one of its 30 airline partners
- By presenting your AAdvantage card to any participating AAdvantage member and paying for your purchase with your Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard credit card
- The total amount of all retail purchases listed on your monthly statement is used to calculate the number of AAdvantage Miles credited to your account; you earn one AAdvantage Mile for every U.S. dollar (or equivalent) spent
- AAdvantage provides customer statements on a regular basis, detailing all AAdvantage Miles earned during that period
- AAdvantage Miles, including purchases and Bonus Miles, will be posted to your account approximately 8-10 weeks after the original transaction date
- You can also call AAdvantage (817) 799-2500, or go online at www.aa.com
- Inquiries concerning the AAdvantage Program should be directed to AAdvantage 1-800-307-7309
- Inquiries concerning Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard should be handled at your branch or by calling the Scotiabank Contact Centre at (246) 426-7000
- You can only transfer the Miles balance if the name and address on both accounts are the same and there are no more than 50,000 eligible rewards Miles in the account that will no longer be used
- Please contact AAdvantage 1-800-307-7309 for more information
Can AAdvantage Miles be earned on cash advances?
How can I earn Miles faster?
How are Miles calculated for retail purchases?
How do I keep track of my AAdvantage Miles?
Please note: Miles earned using the Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard card are issued only once per month and will appear on your AAdvantage statement the following month. Therefore, AAdvantage miles earned between the first and last day of the calendar month are sent to AAdvantage at the end of the cycle and will appear on your next AAdvantage statement.
What if I have questions about the AAdvantage Program?
If I have more than one AAdvantage account, can I transfer the Miles balances to just one account?
Applying for your Scotiabank AAdvantage MasterCard credit card is easy. Contact us for more information about this product (including rates and fees), and the benefits of transferring your existing credit card balance(s) to Scotiabank.
American Airlines and AAdvantage are marks of American Airlines, Inc.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Inc.